Home > DeMolay > Tebow stole it from DeMolay

Tebow stole it from DeMolay

Tim Tebow has made a name for himself since going to college at the University of Florida. Recently, the hype surrounding Tebow has grown exponentially. In part, it is because of his play on the field, but it is also because of some of the antics he pulls.

Tebowing has taken off to be the new fad that people are taking pictures of themselves doing. Just like planking, the practice of laying down in an akward place face down as though to mimick a wooden plank, tebowing is the new game on the internet. Kids have been caught tebowing everywhere from golf courses to school hallways. Some students even got suspended for tebowing in a hall at their school, which school officials claim was a fire code violation. Even other NFL players have mimicked the move (although the motives are probably far different than that of a kid).

Recently, #Tebowing has begun trending on Twitter. (Tebowing refers to kneeling on your left knee in prayer, which Tim Tebow has been photographed doing at all points of games). But, at least to me, the Tebow kneel seems eerily similar to another kneel: the DeMolay kneel.

For those that don’t know, DeMolay is a youth organization for young men between the ages of 12-21. During meetings, the chapter prays twice. During these prayers, all active DeMolays (that is to say, young men in the organization) kneel. This kneel dates back to 1919 when the organization was formed, a good 68 years before Tebow was even born.

I don’t know if Tim Tebow ever saw a DeMolay kneel or if he just picked it up in his time growing up as a devout Evangelical Christian. But I know that these two kneels are alike, and it is hard not to draw a comparison.

~UPDATE~
Wow, this post has really taken off, but I have been noticing a few common themes in comments, so I felt that I should address them.

• I do not really believe that Tim Tebow “stole” his kneel from anyone. I recognize that Tebow has kneeled on both knees in the past and that kneeling is something that has been around since the time of Jesus and even before. The title was mainly to bring in more readers, and it appears to have worked.
  • I am so glad that so many Senior and Active DeMolays have seen this post. It was originally intended for my own purposes. I love social media and the potential it offers, and I felt that keep a blog was necessary for my future career. This post was just some of my thoughts, and for a few days became an internet phenom.
  • To anyone who is curious, I have my credentials listed in the resume section of this site. Listed is a brief experience of my work with Michigan DeMolay, however, that does not even come close to explaining the extent to which I have worked. If you have any doubts as to my knowledge on the subject of DeMolay, feel free to shoot me an email, I would be more than happy to answer any questions.
  • This post has the potential to bring about a lot of good will upon the order of DeMolay. But posting things such as this cannot be the only form of promotion.
Categories: DeMolay
  1. vangrungy
    January 9, 2012 at 10:55 pm

former DeMolay here.. thanks for noticing as well

• January 10, 2012 at 5:04 am

No such thing as a former DeMolay. We are like the Marines, once your in, your in. What chapter and state did you join?

But how could you not notice?

• TaylerC.
        January 14, 2012 at 12:29 am

I am currently in DeMolay, im apart of Stockton Chapter. (dont want to give out the State name because of weird people XD)

2. silverdust
    January 9, 2012 at 10:59 pm

Since I’ve never heard of the DeMolays, are they Evangelical, Catholic or what? This looks like the kneel George Washington is doing in the famous painting where he’s out in the woods next to his horse and you can see their breath in the winter air.

• January 10, 2012 at 5:01 am

DeMolay is an organization for young men between the ages of 12-21. The organization itself is not religious, but they do require a belief in one “Supreme Being”, but we welcome people from all religious backgrounds.

As for the kneel itself, it is largely to the iconic kneel of George Washington. DeMolay is an organization that is largely sponsored by the Masons, of which George Washington was a member. There is a ceremony somewhere about what the kneel strives to emulate, if I can find it, I will add it as a comment.

George Washington Praying

• Douglas W. Barnard.
        January 14, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Demolay is the youth organization of the Independent Order of Oddfellows.

• January 15, 2012 at 2:07 am

@Douglas

I am not quite sure what you mean by that, sir. That is a separate organization.

• January 10, 2012 at 11:12 pm

The thats where DeMolay adopted it from and DeMolay is a male youth group fraternity that is based on the free masons.

• January 11, 2012 at 12:01 am

I don’t know that I would say DeMolay is based on the masons, but I cannot deny that there is a close tie and many similarities.

• Kami
        January 14, 2012 at 11:15 am

just like iorg, star, and amaranth, all were created by master masons.

• TaylerC.
      January 14, 2012 at 12:25 am

To become a DeMolay you have to believe in a higher being, and between the ages of 12-21, George Washington was a Mason and DeMolay is masonic related, so i think we might of gotten it from him Lolz, but i am currently a DeMolay. so to answer your question you can be any faith but believe in a higher being.

• January 14, 2012 at 3:16 am

Most historical text actually does point out that we got the Kneel from the above painting.

I am glad your a DeMolay and I hope you enjoy this organization as much as I have!

3. john bray
    January 10, 2012 at 6:49 am

This article is clearly not written by an active demolay, because any one who has taken the lccs would know that frank s land “stole” the prayer stance from George washington, who took the stance often. Most notably during a battle in the revoloutionary war, there’s a painting of said event in the white house. And we pray up to 3 times in a normal meeting. But past this idiots blatant errors in research, the kneel is just that, a kneel he doesn’t position his left hand on his knee, and he doesn’t position is right hand on his forehead, that’s like saying green gym shorts provide a serving of vegtables merely because they are the same color of peas

• January 10, 2012 at 7:10 am

While I appreciate the comment, perhaps you are getting a little too upset.

First, this post was published as my thoughts on the matter. I am not saying that Tebow is/was a DeMolay, nor am I saying that he literally stole the kneel (after all, how dissimilar can two kneels be?). I am saying that they are similar and I felt like some of my friends and followers would appreciate the comparison and find it interesting.

This article was written by me, a Senior DeMolay, Past State Master Councilor, PMC-MSA, Lamp of Knowledge Holder, RD, Chevalier, etc., etc. So while I may not be an active DeMolay, I think it is safe to say that I know a fair amount about the organization and its practices.

Yes I know the kneel is an allusion to that of George Washington (as also noted in the comments).

And if you look at the picture of Tebow in this post, you will see that the kneel is eerily similar. Sure he didn’t put his hand on his knee, but having to hold on to a football helmet may have been a good reason why.

So while this “idiot” respects what you have to say, perhaps you haven’t done your research. I am not saying that Tebow’s kneel is the exact same as that of a DeMolay, rather I am saying that as a DeMolay, it is hard not to draw a comparison.

• Nolen
        January 13, 2012 at 9:05 pm

You pretty much listed all the honors and awards possible in DeMolay haha. “etc. etc.” What are you a Job or a Rainbow? Haha I’m just teasing a brother.
        Liked the article and that’s what I immediately thought of when I first saw the kneel but whatever it’s not negative publicity so it’s good publicity.

• michael lloyd
        January 14, 2012 at 2:58 am

PSMS from Texas here. I guess this gives us something to talk about, lol. GO TEXANS!!!!!!

• January 14, 2012 at 4:44 am

MC of Napa Chapter NCDA.

Its great to see Senior Demolay here, I am a very strong lover of our ceremonies and what they mean. And yes, the first thing I noticed is that it WAS similar. But this hype is enough for people to start thinking. “Hey if Tebow does their kneel then maybe we should join!” It can’t hurt.

• January 14, 2012 at 3:25 am

@ Nolen, yes, I did list most of the major ones, I left off a few. I wrote it like that more to get a point across than anything. No, I am not a Job or Rainbow (although I’m dating a Job and my sisters are both Rainbows. Maybe it rubbed off)

Glad you liked my article. I agree that it is GREAT publicity for this organization.

@Michael Lloyd, it most certainly does! This topic has been going crazy the last few days.

@Merle, well I hope that they join with us because of more than our kneel, but if thats what opens the door, I’ll take it!

• rcc
        April 5, 2012 at 7:07 am

Senior DeMolay from the Philippines here!

really loved this article. Bray maybe got blackballed so he’s got an axe to grind… anyway, it’s a good promotion and i am contemplating on using it since I, together with 2 other SD’s from other chapters had opened a new chapter in our place here in Southern Philippines. we’re still under dispensation and may receive our charter this coming national conclave at Lucena, Quezon in May 2012.

BTW, we had our first public installation of officers last March 31, 2012….. Regards brothers! :)

• April 5, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Thanks for reading. Glad to hear of your success in the Philippines! One of the members of my chapter was a DeMolay there (I think MacArthur Chapter). He installed is younger brother as MC just the other night!

• April 5, 2012 at 6:50 pm

And feel free to use this for promoting our great order. Just don’t be shy about giving away the URL (I’ve got to get my promotions in too. Lol)

• Senior DeMolay in Massachusetts
      January 14, 2012 at 5:29 am

It’s unfortunate Mr. Bray attacks the author’s post in the manner that he did. One of the teachings of DeMolay is to respect the opinions of others, realize others are entitled to their own opinion, and to “think twice before speaking once.” I would argue Mr. Bray did not think twice before posting.

The author says the kneels are alike, not identical. Mr. Bray says, “…and he (Tebow) doesn’t position [h]is right hand on his forehead…” Yet, in the picture of Tebow the author includes in the post, Tebow clearly has his right hand on his forehead. While Tebow may not kneel like this every time, he has in the past.

Alluding he is a DeMolay (“…and we pray up to 3 times in a normal meeting.”), Mr. Bray attacks the author’s research and reference to praying twice in a meeting. Being active in the Order as an Active and Senior DeMolay, 90% of meetings end before 9pm, eliminating the need for 3 prayers at each meeting.

It’s unfortunate Mr. Bray attacks the author. And, if he indeed is a DeMolay, he has not held true to the oath he took to respect others, especially a Brother of the Order.

• January 14, 2012 at 3:26 am

@ Mass Sr. DeMolay, thanks for the support, I figured I was bound to get a few negative comments, cant say that I thought it would be from another DeMolay though.

• MastoMama
        January 14, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Very well put! As a PGWAA of CA I am amazed to see that anyone associated with the masonic lodge would say anything other than thank you for the press and for more information contact your local chapter.

• Querllon
      May 6, 2012 at 8:34 pm

hi brother dbodine, am a senior DeMolay of GDMC General Douglas MacArthur Chapter here in the Philippines. what is the name of the brother who joined our chapter here? nice topic here and very interesting bro. :)

4. January 13, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Tim Tebow may not realize it but he may be helping to spread the word about the greatest youth organization for young men in the world!!!

• January 14, 2012 at 3:26 am

He most certainly is!

• June 6, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Hi Andrew,Is this some sort of Church Ministry website? Or is it yours? I found it tghuorh your FB.I went on the Mexico mission trip with Ryan Cooper. I think I talked to you on the phone. I went to Ellerslie last summer, and am going back for the advanced leadership training in April!Cool t-shirts for sale on here BTW!

5. Jaymie Jordan
    January 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm

David,

Just wanted to drop by and say I agree with your assessment and would like to point out that many of the other NFLers do it more closely to the DeMolay kneel than Tebow! I know there has got to be some free publicity in here somewhere… Haha heart find though brother!

• Jaymie Jordan
      January 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Meant to say great but I think you know what I meant.

• January 14, 2012 at 3:26 am

Yes I know what you meant. I have changed it from Tebowing to DeMolaying. :) And I will definitely take the free publicity!

6. Jeremy
    January 13, 2012 at 9:11 pm

@ dbodine3 I like what you said, but I have to make a correction. DeMolay, like Freemasonry IS religious. What they are not is a specific religion. In other words they pray a lot, but do not pray to an specific God, and is open to the religion of your choice. That is the difference.

• January 14, 2012 at 3:28 am

There is a religious aspect, but when most people ask you if it is religious, they are asking more along the lines if it is going to be like a new religion. But I agree that there is a religious undertone.

• January 14, 2012 at 5:00 pm

May I just say this to you dbodine 3. And it may bring some insight. But remember this. “Religion is rules, traditions, regulations by men. This is my definition of religion. But relationship, and that what Tebow does, is a reflection of the honor he gives Him, when he bows. The world, confuses relationship and religion. Once, we know relationship, with Christ, then we are free. And free from the regulations, of men, and their traditions. These are just traps. When we do not know the savior personally. Our goal, by what Christ did on the cross, is to honor Him, for setting us free. But we have to believe. And thats where the relationship starts. Blessings to you, in Christ, Elena

• January 14, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Amen Elena… Jesus died to set us free. I just watched a PBS special titled Martin Luther: Driven to Defiance… a perfect example of how mankind was first able to see what you just described regarding relationship over “rules”. THANKS.

Part 2 is titled: Martin Luther: Reluctant Revolutionary

• January 14, 2012 at 6:43 pm

I agree with you that what Tim Tebow does is Largely misunderstood. It takes a lot of guts to do what he does after being criticized for it so much, and I applaud hi. For that.

As for the rest of the post, I am not really sure what that has to do with the original post or the comments. But I do appreciate your insight.

7. Lew Clem
    January 13, 2012 at 9:22 pm

I am a DeMolay and Free Mason. Ive asked many people if Teobw Was a DeMolay, couldnt find anything. I wouldn’t be suprised if he was, Tebow fits want what Frank S Land wanted to be a Representative DeMolay

• January 14, 2012 at 3:29 am

Wouldn’t be surprised, He would be a good pick, but I don’t believe he is a member.

8. January 14, 2012 at 12:38 am

The practice of kneeling during the Consecration was introduced during the Middle Ages. Maybe DeMolay “stole” it from these guys :)
    Source: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06423a.htm

• January 14, 2012 at 3:32 am

Actually, as mentioned above, it was taken of the picture posted in the comments above, the kneel was taken from George Washington. And who knows beyond that.

• January 14, 2012 at 8:10 am

It amazes me how all who post here seem to be reading so selectively and myopically. What about the above comment giving credit to the true rather than an organization… for “It is written:
        “‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
        ‘every knee will bow before me;
        every tongue will acknowledge God.’
        (Romans 14:11)

• January 14, 2012 at 6:46 pm

I would probably argue with you, however, in the sene that I am reasonably sure that kneeling was made popular in a religious setting long before the time of Jesus.

9. January 14, 2012 at 2:48 am

I don’t think he stole it. Look the word of God says, every knee will bow, every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord. We ALL should be doing it. And I will just say this, I don’t think it is coincidence, God is using Tebow, to teach people, how to worship. To give glory to God. God is teaching the world through Him. After all his name, has the word “Bow” in it. He is just obedient. He is just thankful. Thats not coincidence. I read Tebows testimony, and he is someone, who could have been aborted, he is someone, who has been taught, values, to give glory to God. So, I see why he has been chosen. Why he is such a phenomenon. God has a plan, for each one of our lives. This just shows, how valuable a life is, if we dedicate it to God.

• January 14, 2012 at 6:48 pm

I do not actually think Tim Tebow stole the knee from DeMolay, it was really just a catchy title to bring in some readers, and boy has it done that.

Rather I think that it is more of a coincidence. While the coincidences both have the same origin (that of a religious nature).

10. One Proud Chevalier!
    January 14, 2012 at 3:36 am

Bro. Bodine,
    A Sr. DeMolay, past this that and just about everything, and follow Chevalier here… (now Mason and advisor)

First, I normally don’t read blogs let alone comment on them, but a friend on FB posted a link to your article and the title got my interest so I clicked on it and read on. I hadn’t made the connection but now that it was pointed out I wonder how the heck I missed it. Thank you… I am interested to know if Tebow is a Sr. DeMolay or not; I think I will call a friend at ISC and inquire for myself…
    I personally admire Tebow for standing by his beliefs rather than try to run from them or hide it. Since I admire him for his stand, I would be proud if he were a brother DeMolay…

Second, I would like to apologize for the earlier agitated comments of Bro. Bray, he did get a little too excited too quickly.
    At first I myself was wondering who you where when you used the words “eerily” and “some of the antics he pulls”. It made me go hmmm?… I don’t find anything odd about a DeMolay’s attitude of pray, but as I read on I got my answer as to who you are… Hello from brother from WA DeMolay…

Third, to all DeMolays and Sr. DeMolays who may choose to comment on this blog; let me remind you to choose your words wisely. Remember to protect the image and reputation of the organization we know and love. There are already people who know nothing about us or have a uninformed opinion; lets not hurt ourselves…

• January 14, 2012 at 6:53 pm

Well thank you for reading! I have really been impressed with how many views this post has gotten.

I do not believe that Tebow is a DeMolay, however I could be wrong.

Yes, looking back some word choices may have not been the best and may have illuded to another meaning. Eerily for instance was not used in a bad way but just a way to express how the kneels are so similar. Hello brother, I have met many people from your state at different DeMolay Internationals and such.

I appreciate your third point. Thanks for reading!

11. January 14, 2012 at 1:10 am

MC of Napa again.

I cannot believe how amazing this is.

I have never seen so many Demolay from all over come and share input. Its almost unheard of.

I have to say this is one of the most amazing things besides going to the DLC.

• January 14, 2012 at 6:55 pm

This is unreal to me, about 4,000 views between yesterday and today. I am truly amazed, and personally I don’t even think DLCs compare.

• January 14, 2012 at 11:18 pm

I know. Its really unreal.

I hope that this goes to show that if Demolay can get known in the world once again. We can have a chance. We as Demolay can use this as a turning point in what is going on.

Lately we have been dragging our feet and not being all that mentionable. This can have people turn their eyes and make this great fraternity yet again well known. Make it a part of the lives of millions of Americans. Like boyscouts do today.

But this cannot be the only thing. We as Demolay must move forward and push this ball to get it rolling. Let us take our stand and make Dad Land proud. Make the great Jacques Demolay proud!

12. Ryan Gwilt (PMC)
    January 14, 2012 at 3:53 am

I am a DeMolay and i dont think he is copying us i think he is copying the knights of old which we copied in the first place, also i would like to say i admire his religious convictions and although i am not a fan of football i hope he does well and stays safe.

• January 16, 2012 at 11:54 pm

I don’t honestly think he is copying us, and to be honest, I would be surprised if he has ever heard of DeMolay. The title was really just to attract readers. I too admire his convictions. I may not agree, but it takes guts to do what he does.

13. Kathi
    January 14, 2012 at 6:08 am

Being from the state of Florida I can tell you that no, Tim was not in Demolay.

• January 14, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Are you nvolved with DeMolay? I don’t doubt you, in fact I am almost sure your right, but just wondering if you could knock all doubt out of my head.

14. Rick
    January 14, 2012 at 8:01 am

He does not always kneel on his left knee, so he did not “steal” it from DeMolay.

• January 14, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I am aware he did not steal it. The title was just to entice more people to read.

15. Mike Paceleo
    January 14, 2012 at 10:46 am

I don’t know if Tebow copied it or not but I know Brother Bodine and I respect his words. Good to see you Dave,,,hope you are well.

• January 14, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Hey Mike, long time no see! How’s it going?

As for your first part, I don’t think it was stolen. I used that title to get people to read, now it has 4,000+ views.

16. eric sanford
    January 14, 2012 at 1:55 pm

hhmmmm, seems like things have changed a bit since my time. i am a Majority DeMolay member (LCC, RD) (we always called former members majority, not senior members) of Carondelet Chapter in StLouis Mo… also, when did the ages change? when i was in, it was 14-21.
    the first time i saw Tebow do this, the first thing i thought was how similar it was to a DeMolay kneel… although the author does make a point when he asks how dissimilar can kneels be…

• January 14, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Thanks for reading. Those changes have been in place for quite awhile, although I don’t know the exact time. Thanks for the post and comment!

17. aDeMolayHistorian
    January 14, 2012 at 2:04 pm

I have done a lot of research on DeMolay and the Free Masons, although many historical documents point to the picture of Washington as a “reference” for the DeMolay kneel. Other documents point to the Templars and Jacques DeMolay. There is a painting of Jacque DeMolay taken the kneel in his final hours. I have wondered if Tebow is a DeMolay. Sorry for any misspellings I am on a blackberry and auto correct sucks.

• January 14, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe the kneel of DeMolay that you are referring to in the painting is him kneeling on both knees, but again I could be wrong. The only way to know for sure is to ask those that were there, and I think we are out of luck on that.

18. eric sanford
    January 14, 2012 at 2:07 pm

edit: mistakenly said former members when i meant to say members who were over 21

19. sjchevalier07
    January 14, 2012 at 2:13 pm

I am also a Senior DeMolay and Chevalier and I didn’t realize this was similar to our kneel until about a couple months ago when ESPN wouldn’t shut up (and still won’t) about this guy. I don’t hate Tim Tebow,I just hate that an average player gets so much coverage. I do agree, this is getting DeMolay some good publicity. A lot of us have been sharing your blog entry on Facebook so the word is getting out, thanks for writing this. And gentlemen, let’s continue to make the greatest youth organization in the world the best it can be.

• January 14, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I agree, all of the talk is about Tebow, and I do think that all of the attention he is getting is kind of ridiculous. And amen to your final sentence!

20. Michael Gapper Sr.
    January 14, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Guard your tongues my brothers and let the media help spread the word. I just wish brother Mark William Callaway, aka: The Undertaker, was able to spread the word somehow. I do wonder however if any of his brothers were DeMolay as well?

• January 15, 2012 at 2:39 am

We must do more than simply letting the media take it and run. We have to show why this is an organization to get involved in.

As for The Undertaker, he has, from my understanding, turned down the DeMolay hall of fame because he didn’t want his profession putting a negative light on the order. Talk about a self-less act!

21. January 14, 2012 at 11:24 pm

This cannot be the ONLY way our publicity spreads. We need to work hard ourselves to follow up. People will be all hype and no action, then nothing will change. We need to make Demolay stronger by using this as an opportunity for helping growth, not the means.

• January 15, 2012 at 2:36 am

This definitely cannot be our only publicity, and I don’t think it was ever intended to be. To be honest, this post was never intended to be more than my personal ramblings about the topic, but I am not one to turn down the publicity of the best organization in the world.

• January 15, 2012 at 2:42 am

Glad to see you agree. But I am saying this could get our ball rolling you see. Lately, at least in California, Demolay isn’t blooming so well. And hear that Cali is one of the largest Demolay concentrations. That is kind of scary. But this could get us a little more publicity, Give us the edge we need if we take advantage of it to make us stronger.

Thank you, Brother Bodine. You have done me a great service. Seeing all this. So many Demolay in one place on the internet by one article. Its inspiring. You have done a great thing.

• January 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Well thanks Merle, it started as just me rambling and has turned into an internet phenomenon. (At least as far as I’m concerned)

California is one of the largest states, and both jurisdictions do well year after year. I am not sure on the numbers for membership for either, but I know DeMolay International met majority numbers which is a great accomplishment.

Thank you for talking the time to read this, it has inspired me as well. And if I could only get some time off of work and school, I would write a new article, or at the very least add some updates to this one.

• Michael Gapper
        January 16, 2012 at 10:50 am

So. Cal DeMolay has had positive growth in membership now for back to back to back years. The first time in our existence this has happened, I have been told. With the exceptance of the beginning of DeMolay of course.
        I have been involved with DeMolay for over 40 years, am now a Chapter Dad of a Chapter in So. Cal in Southern California Jurisdiction, and though I see great things for this awesome order, would like to invite everyone who reads this or is currently among the writers/debaters to visit the SCJ’s new website.
        It is with mentioning, our latest videos the kids have made can be found on YouTube under SCJTV and they are a bit humorous to say the least. As always, spread the word of the youth orders that are available in your local cities. Remember the choice is yours.

• January 16, 2012 at 11:52 pm

Thanks! I will have to check it out. Glad So. Cal is doing well!

• January 15, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I say, don’t just write articles. Bring your best to have as many kids join Demolay, Rainbow, And Jobs. I know I will

• January 16, 2012 at 9:57 am

Oh believe me, I do much more than write articles. To be frank, this post wasn’t for DeMolay but rather for my personal interest in social media.

22. Rachel
    January 15, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Oh man, I thought that Tebow’s signature kneel looked exactly like that too! I’m a PHQ in Job’s Daughters, and also a Past Chapter Sweetheart of our local DeMolay chapter. Some of the most impressive guys I’ve ever met in my life are DeMolay, and I think it’s great that someone took the time to write about the similarity between “Tebowing” and “DeMolaying”!

• January 16, 2012 at 9:57 am

Well I’m glad you liked it!

23. ForDeMolay
    January 18, 2012 at 9:12 am

Great to see all the positive responses and Sr. DeMolay. I am the wife of a Sr. DeMolay and Mason. We also are advisers to both DeMolay (no sons, just giving back) and Rainbow (daughter active). I’d just also like to add please consider becoming active in your local chapters and assemblies if you’re not already. Even if it’s just a little bit. Last year our state increased membership by 20% within DeMolay. This is incredible! But we need the help, support and knowledge of our Senior members and other Masonic family.

24. love
    January 22, 2012 at 10:05 pm

But tebow prays to God who does demolay pray to?

• January 30, 2012 at 12:11 am

DeMolay’s also pray to God.

25. Benjamin Alexander Madamba
    May 4, 2012 at 4:24 am

Hi there. A DeMolay from the Philippines here! :) A Jurisdictional Master Councilor [roughly the equivalent of a State Master Councilor] here! I’m not yet a Senior Member but I do recognize the kneel. The author is right in saying that as DeMolays it really is hard to not make a comparison.

Anyway, our founder, Dad Frank Land actually borrowed the kneel from Dad George Washington’s kneel at Valley Forge [reference Hi, Dad!] and Tebow kneeling should be seen as a gesture of flattery if not a plain shout-out or so.

Anyway this article was well written and I enjoyed reading it. More power, sir! :)

- benj

• October 15, 2012 at 9:34 am

Thanks for reading!

I know a young man from Douglas MacArthur Chapter in the Philippines. Brought him in to my chapter a few years ago when he and his family moved to Michigan.

26. Randee
    May 19, 2012 at 2:03 pm

i’m a former Sweetheart from a chapter in California and i’m glad someone else noticed too! :D

• October 15, 2012 at 9:35 am

Thanks for reading! I made it out to California a few years back when the International Session was in Anaheim.

27. mallory
    October 28, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Wow!!! what can i say this totally amazed me! as a current DeMolay chapter sweetheart i have been completing my 5 LCC’s so i can get my lamp of knowledge and this was an artical that tool my breath away

28. Jenn rose
    January 10, 2014 at 7:16 pm

as a former chapter princess,jobs daughter and rainbow, this always made me wonder

• January 11, 2014 at 9:41 am

It is really similar, thats for sure.

Thanks for reading!